Propane Injection

J W Hodgson hodgson at utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Tue Sep 9 13:05:06 GMT 1997

DOE has sponsored a propane vehicle competition in which several
university teams converted Chysler products to run on propane.  Some teams
used gas mixers with O2 sensor feedback, some used gaseous propane
injection, and some used liquid propane injection.  Simply using gasoline
injectors can get you in trouble becasue the lubricity of the propane is
not good.  For gaseous injection we used Bosch injectors designed for
natural gas use.  For more detailed info, e-mail me directly and I could
send you a technical report or two.

Name:		J. W. Hodgson
Address:	Mechanical Engineering Dept		e-mail: jhodgson at utk.edu
		414 Dougherty Hall
		The University of Tennessee		voice: 	(423) 974-5294
		Knoxville, TN 37996-2210		fax:	(423) 974-5274