OBD II - fuel trims (adaptives)

Niels Ezerman nez at cybernet.dk
Thu Sep 11 21:15:15 GMT 1997

Hello James,

----------
> From: James Boughton <boughton at bignet.net>
> Subject: RE: OBD II - fuel trims (adaptives)
> Date: 10. september 1997 17:46

> Oh, BTW,  stoich at WOT is bad.  Even though the EPA is trying
> to mandate it nobody currently operates stoich at WOT.  When
> they do expect vehicle prices to rise.  The engines should have
> some great components in them, however.

Thank you for the well explained text.
I have just read about a new Audi V6 2.7l V5 BiTurbo,
they have made an engine that operates Lambda 1 at WOT.

The engine operates allways Lambda 1 up to between 3000-4000 Rpm
and normally also at higher Rpm's too, if not one of the 6 exhaust
temp. sensors are to high, then the Lambda goes down a little.

Some data:
2.7l V6 90 deg.
400 Nm @ 1850-3600 / 195 kW 5800 Rpm
9.3:1