carb vs. efi

Zoltan Lajber lajber at esem1.univ-orleans.fr
Fri Sep 12 19:26:39 GMT 1997

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Tom Cloud wrote:

> what do the Formula 1 guys (and others) do ??

EFI, sure

> Like I say, he'p me here ....
>
>  - he says he feels the carb gives better atomization -- and I
> can see that a constant fuel flow rather than pulsations might
> (though the pulsations are at high pressure)

He never see a an injection... Don't speek about compressed air injector.

>  - the efi gives better fuel control, I'd think, though that may
> not be important for racing

Not just fuel control, but a _good_ efi is big improovment in
driveability. And some races jus forgot, the good driveability is more
importatn like few percent more peek power.

 Ok for oval/drag ( a la USA) not a big issue, but for real tracks...

>  - clearly port injection gives better fuel distribution -- but,
> at 8 to 12 k does it matter ??

For high power output, the injectors are half meter far from ports...

for high rev engine the efi is better. You can set up carbs for igh speed,
but your engine died at low. With efi, _should_ be both.

Bye,
 LAJBER Zoltan     lajber at esem1.univ-orleans.fr    http://jht.gau.hu/~lajbi
 E.S.E.M.,L.M.E.                       http://www.univ-orleans.fr/ESEM/LME/
 A member of HuLUG                  http://www.cab.u-szeged.hu/local/linux/