? for you guys

Dave Stinar kahn at means.net
Sun Sep 14 00:50:31 GMT 1997

Ok, here it goes, Ive been on the list for way to long. I just havent had
the time really consider doing a project, but a few things have come up in
which I problaby could shave off a lot of junkyard time and money.

My wifes cavaler just blew a rod and the car is not worth fixing (thats why
we now have a 1997 geo metro) and my lebaron is problaby not far behind.
the computers and the electrics are all in good order its just the
engines/bodys that are shot.

Now just a couple of months ago my rx7 had the thermostat froze closed and
the needel on the temp peged itself at the top, now the rear rotor is gone
(I think) no mater what I need to take the engine out and disasemble it.
What my thought was could I in any way that does not require me to go and
do to much reprograming on eather of thoses systems from the cavaler or
lebaron alow me to retrofit them to my rx-7's wankel engine.

I have considered getting a efi system from a junked rx-7 but the only rx-7
around here are the old 78-85 models, non have efi units on them.

The cavaler has a tbi system and the lebaron has a multi port fi system. I
can see good and bad in using both systems.

cavaler= 4cyl-tbi-2.0L
lebaron=4cyl-mpfi-2.2L
rx-7=2 rotor/6cyl-carb-1.1L

Any advice I can get would be great, thanx in advance.
dave s

'70 vw bug
'76 cj5 jeep
'78 handa 550-4