All the non-DYI-EFI crap I've put up here

Joe Chiasson chiasson at hutchtel.net
Sun Sep 14 02:33:34 GMT 1997

Robert Harris wrote:

> >Fuel B will be unleaded pump gas to use as a cheap extender fuel.
Gasoline is
> >cheaper than propane in most parts of the country

The Clare Snyder replied:

> And what country are you in??????
> Here in Ontario Canada, propane is something about .27 per litre, and 87
> octane unleaded is currently just a tad under .60, was .65 a week ago.

I believe he is from the US of A.  Lived in Ontario, Canada for most of my
life. Have driven propane vehicles in Ontario, Canada.  Although there are
more propane vehicles in the US than Can, there are more propane vehciles
per capita in canada.  Also in the US most dedicated propane vehicles are
run by fleet operations with their own refueling station.  Lots of fleets
in Can but lots of average joe's running dedicated propane.  Thus the
fueling infrastructure must cater to these people.  Plus the government
regulates propane as they do gasoline yet do not tax propane to the extent
gasoline is taxed.   Now live in US, have driven propane vehicles North to
South and almost East to West.  For the most part the fuel is unregulated
(cost) and in some states carries a heavy motor fuel tax (put it in a
bottle, or motor home and it will be 50 cents a gallon cheaper than putting
it in your car).  I have paid every where from $0.85 per gallon to $2.75
per gallon.  Thus on average propane is more expensive in the US then CAN.
Trying to find motor fuel propane in the US is a nightmarer compared to CAN
where it is on almost every street corner.  When more propane vehicles hit
the road the guy charging $2.75 per gallon is going to have to drop his
price around the same ball park the guy selling for $0.85 is.

J.