fuel flow sensing

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Mon Sep 15 00:13:20 GMT 1997

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:41:03 +1200, "Dean Flavell"
<deanz at sinesurf.co.nz> wrote:

>Would not any car that has a fuel trip computer have to have a fuel flow
>meter of some kind, so wouldn't the best bet be a wrecker in you own
>town or country?

Oh well, you caught me. I have a confession to make. I'm so old and
crusty that I've never owned an auto with a fuel trip computer, so by
the time I entered the thread, I didn't realize that's the sensor we
were talking about. I'd heard of said options, but never realized they
did an honestTaGod flow sensor to obtain the results. Anybody recall
roughly what the purported accuracy of such trip computers IS?

Maybe some kind soul could help out this old fossil and suggest some
suitable "donor" car models/years and where the sensor would be found,
roughly (and please don't just say, "in the fuel line, you dummy", cause
I can figure THAT out, heh).

My interest is in an eXperimental aviation application, for both carb'd
and FI engines. If these fuel trip meters only appeared in injected
cars, please let me know that also. Most appreciated.

Garfield