AW: Renault FI?

Rausch, Bernd BRausch at rnt.de
Tue Sep 16 17:19:28 GMT 1997

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von:	Chris Morriss [SMTP:crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk]
> Gesendet am:	Dienstag, 2. September 1997 21:06
> An:	diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Betreff:	Re: Renault FI?
>=20
> In message <199709021515.KAA13633 at camelot.dsccc.com>, Mark Taschek
> <mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com> writes

> manual- seam
> >> >
> >> I don't know about over in the US, but in the UK and mainland
> Europe
> >> Renault used the Renix multiport injection on the 2.2 litre engine
> used
> >> on the Renault 25.  I think that the turbo versions of the Renault
> V6
> >> used Renix as well.  (The non-turbo versions used K-jetronic)
> >> --=20
> >> Chris Morriss
> >>=20
> >
> >////////////////////////
> >
> >Chris are you living in the UK and what else do you know about the
> >Renix multiport box?? and are there any contacks there that you know
> of??
> >
> >Mark Taschek
> >mtaschek at spdhw.dsccc.com
>=20
> I don't know the box at all unfortunately.  I have a carb Renault
> Alpine
> GTA with the 2.8L V6 and am intending to convert it to EFI.  I need a
> source for the weld-in injector mounts in the UK so that I can modify
> the very free flowing inlet manifold that Renault used on the V6
> engines
> that were equipped with K-jetronic injection.  Or has somebody on =
this
> list got an EFI manifold for the Renault V6 that they could sell me?
> The breakers yards don't seem to have any.
>=20
> There is a chapter on Renix in Jan Norbye's book on the history of
> fuel
> injection.
> --=20
> Chris Morriss
>=20
	Hi Chris and Mark,

	I have a Renault Alpine Europa-Cup. The Cup has a larger turbo
and modified intake ports. There is an adjustable fuel-regulator and
some kind of "extra-electronic" in a sealed box witch is adapted to the
Renix ECU (I think it modifies engine temp signal).
	Since my car has a further modified engine (cams, lowered
compression, ports), I tried to get some info about the Renix system =
but
I not very successfull. There are different versions of the ECU: Some
use a mask programmed 6805 with some IO (I don=B4t remeber the type
exactly, I think U5) and some use a 68HC11 with extra eprom.
	I was not able to get  more Infos. I decided to install a custom
ECU that is fully programmable.
	If you are intrested in K-Jetronic parts, please E-Mail me, i
have a lot of them.

	Bernd