Anyone know...

Rob Lloyd rclloyd at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 17 18:04:46 GMT 1997

...If the engine in the Ford Probe GT (93-97) is the same basic engine as
whats in the Contour and Mystique now? I am pretty sure that the engine is
the same, but the intake manifolds and the ECUs are different. I know the
ECU in the Probe is a Denso unit, while the ECU in the Contour is Ford
(EEC-IV???) I have an article from a British magazine called Race Tech. It
has an article on the Mondeo BTCC engine (Prepped by Cosworth). It is
definitley the same block and heads as the Probe. Do the Mondeo and Contour
have the same engine? I was interested in the extra 10 horsepower and in
the 196hp of the SVT (versus 164 for the Probe :( ) and thinking about
adapting the Contour's sytem to the Probe...

Thanks
Rob Lloyd