wicked squeaks, possibly TPEFI related

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Thu Sep 18 10:17:40 GMT 1997

Dope Dope Doooooope! I've been squeaking for a year...and this is all I
needed to do! I teed off of the power brake to the passenger (left hand
side) PCV valve...looked like a PCV to me...one side had vacuume I assumed
the other needed vacuume to. I neatly capped the fitting you refered to.

TPI swappers, don't let this tidbit get you also.

Thanks,

GMD

At 11:00 PM 9/17/97 -1000, you wrote:

>> I used all of the original air ducting and air cleaners from the Fire
>Bird.
>> There are no "before MAF connections", that I'm aware of on this setup,
>that
>> could serve as an engine vent. My 3.8PFI set up does have one after the
>MAF
>> and no PVC at all.
>>
>> Presently, I have the driver side PVC valve connected to the fitting at
>the
>> base of the TPI manifold also on the driver side. The passenger side valve
>> is connected to the fitting at the back driver side of the plenum.
>>
>> Since a negative pressure crankcase is a no no, I will remove the second
>PVC
>> valve and add a vent with it's own filter. I hate to imagine the damage
>I've
>> done to the seals and sealing surfaces not to mention the dirt that has
>been
>> ingested.
>>
>You got me curious, so I looked in the book.  The Right Hand vent connects
>to a fitting in the throttle body behind or around the TPS.  The fitting at
>the rear of the engine is for power brakes.

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com