Humidity

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 23 12:09:54 GMT 1997

>>Why is that when humidity goes up engines make more power???  My thinking is
>>that if the air is more humid (AT THE SAME TEMP) there is less oxygen,
>>therefore less engine power.  Also the humidity's temp. increase takes away
>>some of the energy, making less available for pushing the piston.  Any hints
>>on this subject??
>
>I will speculate as well ... how about this theory:  When the air is more
>humid, less detonation occurs due to the cooling effect of the moisture in
>the air, and your electronic EFI system can pump more of everything into
>the cylinders.
>
>Honestly, I'm clueless, but it sounded good :)
>
>Frederic

this reminds me of the age old question "Why is the sky blue"

this is a question in two parts:

  - the first part is "Why" .... which no one has ever figured out

  - and the second is "is the sky blue" and the answer is YES !

Tom Cloud

   If there was a funeral at night, would all the cars drive
    with their headlights off?