Ford EEC V

kma2 at aaa.tamu.edu kma2 at aaa.tamu.edu
Tue Sep 23 13:05:14 GMT 1997

>>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 21:34:25
>>From: Charles Fulton <cf352197 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
>>To: diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
>>Subject: Ford EEC V
>>
>>Does anyone know how to program a Ford EEC V?  I know that it does include
EEPROM
>>but no one seems to know what can be modified.  Also are there any PC
based Ford
>>emulators or a breakdown of how a Ford "thinks" so that I could see how to
>>program it?
>>
>>Charlie
>>

>Tom Cloud

This was my goal also.

There is an obd-II command that sends data to the eec to program the EEPROM
and a pin that you bring to 12 v. while flashing.

The only problem is that it is protected with a access code of some sort.
I figured out it would take over a year for a computer to step through all
of the
possible combinations, using three EEC-Vs running in parallel. (just a guess).

There were a few aspects of the command that I was guessing about
because the specification leaves the implementation of the command
up to each manufacturer, so it's not fully documented.
So you would have to guess correctly the first time or another year.

If you were real lucky, 6 months (code found in the first half of numbers)
or if you have a friend at the ford dealer you could "spy"  the data from
their link.

Greg

By the way you can read the EEPROM from the obd-II port and its not protected.