Humidity

John Hess JohnH at ixc-comm.net
Tue Sep 23 13:55:02 GMT 1997

Many military aircraft use water injection for take-off power
augmentation.  They go one step further, though, and general use a
water/alcohol mix.  It is called ADI (Anti-Detonation-Injection).  It
has the multiple function of cooling the intake charge, increasing the
intake density, and (after breaking down) increasing oxygen AND fuel
entering the engine.  Worked on piston AND turbine engines.