Hijacking oem efi

swagaero swagaero at flash.net
Wed Sep 24 18:20:37 GMT 1997

Webb wrote:

> swagaero wrote:
>
> > Tom Cloud wrote:
> > >
> > >  ....... the other responses (.....................) ....
> > sound
> > see
> > You
> > > >

> snip
>
> > Tom I spent 2.5 years doing what I did with the GM ecms so to
> > honest
> > with you I am not going to give it away. Have you thought about
> > just
> > taking a GM type ecm and modifing the fuel curve and then addin
> > the op
> > amp to the map circuit. If you want me to leave.
> >
> > Steve
>
>    Woah!
>
> I said it was for commercial gain. I never said there was
> anything wrong with that! I'm a capitalist at heart - I applaud
> with both hands!

thank you I will give you my ideas on how to do it witout reinventing
the wheel but I won't give you details. The reason i didn't use fords
ecm is that it is cludge at the best and I would not be able to
reprogram it which it needs bigtime to make it responcive. so I looked
at chrysler and GM and lo and behold the GM/Motorola 68hc11-whatever is
the best on the market for the hacker. Plus it is cheap even from the
dealer. Yes my books pay for my projects I figure I have spent over
70,000.00 in the last 5 years on them. Without my book income no more
projects.

Steve