CDI?

Paul Tholey pft101 at psu.edu
Mon Sep 29 03:24:30 GMT 1997

        I was wondering if anyone on the list could try and diagnose a problem.

        I am at school, and my roommate's 1990 Ford F150 4.9 L truck has a
starting problem.  The truck will crank and crank until it finally sputters
to a start.  Once running, the truck runs great.

        On a side note, I believe the type of FI on the truck is  called
CDI.  Is there a way for him to pick up any performance, such as burning a
custom EPROM?

        Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul Tholey
pft101 at psu.edu