CDI?

Terry Martin terry_martin at mindlink.bc.ca
Mon Sep 29 05:27:39 GMT 1997

Paul Tholey wrote:

>         I was wondering if anyone on the list could try and diagnose a problem.
>
>         I am at school, and my roommate's 1990 Ford F150 4.9 L truck has a
> starting problem.  The truck will crank and crank until it finally sputters
> to a start.  Once running, the truck runs great.

Same problem they all have, clean the injectors. I had Ford try to stick
me with a $800 bill to fix the same problem on a '86 TEMPO. I
fortunately didn't have the bucks or the desire to depart with them, and
said screw off I'll DIY. Corked fuel injectors. A little compressed air
does wonders. All of this is of course, generic.

Terry