High Temp Coatings in a Turbo

d houlton x0710 tc75918 at hpnfssvr.mdhc.mdc.com
Thu Apr 2 15:38:38 GMT 1998

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> >Would this stuff work on the turbine housing of a turbo?  Seems like
> >it would if it works on headers, but I've seen pictures with the turbine
> >red hot while I've never seen headers glow quite so brightly.  What is
> >the temp limit for these coatings?
>
> Please, either don't do this, or be very, very careful if you coat the
> inside housing of your turbo.  A friend and I had done just that in an

Good advice.  I was talking about the outside of the turbo though.  I was
just wondering if the coating could take the heat.  Do turbine housings
really get hotter than a strait header would?  Seems like they would if
you were always running boost, but for the average street goer that wouldn't
be a problem.

--Dan