SVO injectors

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Fri Apr 3 08:47:58 GMT 1998

Before I go and blow up my DFI ECU, I'd like to doublecheck the
resistance on the SVO injectors. Is it the high impedance type? DFI said
as long as I run 16-18 ohm injectors, I'll be fine w/ 4 on one driver.
If they aren't, poof! I'd love to put on a multimeter on the pins, but
they are buried under the Super Ram intake, and I just don't feel like
buying new gaskets, and also taking off rockers just to check this. I'm
putting on the DFI tonight, and according to you guys, I can run
1.5-1.6ms pulsewidths at idle, so we'll see how things go. How do I know
if I've gone past the too little pulsewidth stage? Any setup hints? DFI
gave me a base program for a 305 on the ECU, but I have the CALMAP
software to fix things (such as 30# injectors on a 300hp V8) TIA!

Andris "gotta get back to (starting) studying bearings and gears at 3:45
am" Skulte