HEI timing jump

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 3 23:16:15 GMT 1998

Hi all,

There was some discussion a little while ago about how certain HEI modules
will suddenly advance the timing when not connected to the ECM. I would like
to use a couple of these on a motorcycle engine that has a missing timing
box. It has two Hall-effect  pickups and a coil pack. I could just use a
standard module but the thing would be hard to start with the proper amount
of advance.

My question is what module do I need exactly? A couple were mentioned but
I'm not sure which I need. Also, how does it get wired?

Thanks.

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
3 x 510's