EEC-IV

Emmett Stanicki estanick at cgocable.net
Sun Apr 5 02:38:39 GMT 1998

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> >It's worse yet if you don't know the addresses and detailed
> >innards of all the peripheral chips.
>
> True.
>
> However, for those who are really, really savvy, I have an X-ray of an
> EEC-IV module from a 5.0L Mustang, at my friend's bodyshop.  Its a
> multi-layer board, however the different layers are different levels of
> gray, due to the thickness of the board, layers etc.  Next time I go up
> there I'll see how usable it is.  Its been a while.  I was talking with Tom
> Cloud approximately 3-4 months ago about dissecting a EEC-IV, and I made
> friends with the director of Radiology at the hospital I work at, and he
> said "Sure, X-Ray anything you like".
>
> So, I did.

Now that is relay neat!   I'll bet Ford even doesn't have that.I was telling
someone I thought it was 3 layer and they asked why. Well I was getting nowhere
with VOM but I would have never thought of trying an XRAY. Boy you gotta use
all available stuff for serious hacking!
Can you blow up an xray like a photo?  That would make a cool picture to hang
on the wall.