EEC-IV

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Sun Apr 5 23:09:51 GMT 1998

> Though I'm still an advocate of removing all the circuitry, if possible.
> Makes the process go much, much faster.  On older circuits, this is pretty
> easy.  On all these new surface mount stuff, makes it more difficult.

> An oven at 500 degrees doesn't cut it :(

I suppose the hot air gun on high would deal with the surface mount...
of course, it may be difficult finding the little Rs and Cs after they get
blown across the room!

Fortunately, my Audi ECU is all thru hole and pretty easy to see where
everything goes... so much so that I hadn't really considered removing
all the circuitry.  Applying the wire snips would make short work of most
of it!  It certainly worked for the pressure sensor when I upgraded from
the stock 2.0 bar to a motorola 2.5 bar.

Orin.