DFI open/closed loop problems

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Apr 6 02:06:41 GMT 1998

From: Andris Skulte <askulte at emerald.tufts.edu>
To: DIY_EFI <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: DFI open/closed loop problems

>I put the DFI in yesterday, and everything is running pretty well. The
>one major problem right now is getting the darn thing into closed loop.
>From what I've got programmed, it should be in closed loop above 100
>degrees coolant,

Sure it's F, and not C?

750<rpm<2000, TPS<70%. I've been driving around, but it
>just stays into open loop. Idle, cruise, whatever, it is still in open
>loop. A weird symptom is the 02 is always 806mV at whatever throttle I'm
>at. I richened the entire fuel map 10% to raise the o2's, but it still
>stay at 806. I then lowered the stock fuel map 7%, and o2's didn't
>change at all. I figured in open loop they should change. I'm pretty
>sure the o2 sensor works correctly, since the volts climb as it warms
>up, and when I shift or lift off the throttle, they drop down from
>806mV. I will be putting the heated O2 next weekend, in the hope that
>will cure some of this... Any ideas?
>
>Andris

Does the O2 need to swing for it to look awake to the ecm.  ie, it's
so rich, that it doesn't "look" right to the ecm.  Were ya using a 1.8
msec base pulse?.  Might try way down like 1.5, just a guess.
Bruce
          Easier to ask for forgiveness, than get permission,
          some married dude...