OBD-II (related to LT1 EFI)

Mike Fahrion mfahrion at bb-elec.com
Mon Apr 6 13:12:40 GMT 1998

>I wonder if there are vehicles out there that have a J1962 16 pin
>socket but are not OBD-II.

Absolutely.  It does add to the confusion.  Many 1995 LT1's were shipped
like this.

The absolute way to tell is by looking at the pin configuration.

>I have a European GM car that appears to be this way (CarComp won't
>work with it) yet the error codes the ECU logs are definately OBD-II
>P0XXX codes.  (It has pin 7 but no pin 10 or 10).

hmmmm - sounds like an iso9141 configuration - what model/year car?  Where
was it mfg'ed?  How are you reading the error codes?

I am trying to add as much relevant information as I can on this subject to
our web site at www.obdii.com.

It does seem like there is a large fuzzy line during the transition to obdii
where it was gradually phased in.  Obviously its a little easier to tell in
the states.