Home Dyno/ 2d v 3d/ new list?

Steve N sgn1 at ra.msstate.edu
Tue Apr 7 01:08:26 GMT 1998

> There's a software package called Home Dyno for $40 bucks that does
> this.

Speaking of the home dyno, has anyone tried this?  It looks to be a
great idea, and would be alot cheaper than real dyno time.  Granted it
may not be a spot on as a dyno would be, but it seems like it would be
perfect for dialing in a aftermarket EFI system.  Comments?

Next I have some questions on 2d vs 3d.  Now from what I understand 2d
is a system where two values are entered and one numebr pops out for the
computer to make use of.  If this is true, this is a 2d system right:

ftp://ftp.mr2.com/pub/geoff/mr2/sw20inj3.gif

Or is it a 3d system, and they just do not show the 3rd axis, and just
show the maximum vaules for the z?  I guess it could be both, it just
depends on if the vaue for the z axis is variable.

Now a 3d system would once again input 2 numbers thus isolating a single
axis paralle to the z-axis.  Then the final number would be output based
on what the z-axis said.  Right?

Finally I must say that I love this list!  There is all kinds of great
talk to get you thinking.  And while I know this is a EFI list, it is
obvious that we easliy and often go into other non-EFI subjects most
notabley Turbos and engine desgin. (the huge thread on variable
compression was great!)  Now while this does not bother me in any way, I
was wondering if it would be a good idea to start a sperate list that is
devoted to just these things, so that we would not bother those that
doesn't like reading all that stuff.  Unless of course everyone on this
list likes it.  The High-performacne engine desgin and forced induction
list. (HPED&FIL, it just rolls off the touge doesn't it? :)

Steve N.