DFI open/closed loop problems

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Tue Apr 7 16:26:15 GMT 1998

Zachary Zehnacker wrote:
> > degrees coolant, 750<rpm<2000, TPS<70%. I've been driving around, but it
>
>   Is the 750<rpm<2000 setting right?  It is my understanding that these
> vals are a hysterises area that keeps the DFI from constantly going in and
> out of closed loop.  I believe that they should both be much lower. We
> have both of ours set to below idle speed rpm (something like
> 400<rpm<600) and it seems to go into closed loop and work just fine.  We
> haven't had ours very long, so someone else on the list should be able to
> correct me if I am wrong.

I've got the low closed loop setting at 750, and the idle is at 850 (it
idles around 875-900, though). The high limit is at 2000 rpms. From what
I have it set at, the DFI will go to open loop below 750, above 2000,
above 70% TPS, or below 120 degrees coolant (yes, it is F). Problem is
that it doesn't. I did reduce the fuel map to 65% of original, and now
at cruise, the o2's are actually jumping around, instead of being pegged
at 806mV. It still doesn't go into closed loop :p I'm going to keep
leaning it out till I get 3-400 mV at cruise. Since the DFI doesn't
control EGR, will I need to run less timing than before at cruise?
Later!

Andris