DFI open/closed loop problems

Robert Wilkinson rw at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 7 22:15:00 GMT 1998

> 	I don't think that the 2000 rpm high limit is really an upper
> limit for closed loop operation.  I believe that the high limit is the RPM
> that much be reached before the DFI will switch into closed loop (while
> RPM is increasing) and the low limit is the RPM that much be reached
> (while RPM is decreasing) before the DFI goes to open loop.  Having two

You may be right, but I don't remember seeing anything in the manuals
about rpm increasing or decreasing.  I could be wrong in pulling this from
memory, but I am pretty sure that the high limit is a limit that must be
exceeded before the DFI will switch to closed loop.  My guess at the
purpose of this would be that at very low rpms, you would want a 14.7:1
a/f ratio, and implementing that limit would allow that, while also
allowing you to have control of the CL throttle limit at higher rpm's.

'86 Z28 350 Richmond 6-speed
Robert Wilkinson
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~rw