HEI timing jump

Terry Sare Terry_Sare at dell.com
Wed Apr 8 09:13:22 GMT 1998

At the risk of much laughter, what about combining a RC circuit with the F-V
converter. Replace the resister with a FET and control the FET resistance with
the F-V. As your freq. increases, the FET resistance decrease and the voltage
goes up faster.
Given that my memory is somewhat fossilized -- this may be the wrong approach
but you can control the rate of rise in analog circuits. Of course, you can also
take a PIC, count the pulses (RPM), and generate the output pulse, delayed by
some X amount based upon the RPM. No analog!!
Oh well, back to sleep.
ts

dzorde wrote:

> Use a signal amp with voltage controlled gain, a F-V converted will give you
> the increasing voltage as your rpm's increase, which in turn will bump the
> gain on your amp.  A neat little all hardware method.
>
> Dan     dzorde at geocities.com
>
> >Would it be possible to build a signal amplifier for hall
> >effect switches that will increase module trigger voltage as
> >rpm increases?  Seems like this is what you need.
> >
> >Shannen

Still won't work. It is not the absolute voltage that mnatters. Digital
at ANY voltage will not produce the advance. It is the RATE OF RIZE of
the voltage that is critical. The ignitor triggers at a particular
voltage. This voltage is reached ealier or later depending onspeed due
to the distictive qualities of an inductive pickup. Don't matter what
you do to a switch, and a HALL device is just a switch, you will not
duplicate the "built in advance" of a magnetic pickup with a hall on an
HEI module. Forget trying - it will not happen.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!