Newcomers from Indonesia

Rusdi Harahap mx6jakarta at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 9 11:40:18 GMT 1998

Hi everybody ....
I just joined this mailing list and still trying to catch up the
basic knowledge so I can follow you all.
I'm an EE but working in software company, and not dealing with
microprocessor stuff quite a long time ...
I own a Mazda MX6 2.0 litre 4 cly DOHC engine, with specs :
type : FE in line 4 cylinder DOHC 16 valve
capacity : 1998 cc
piston bore X stroke : 86 X 86 mm
compression ratio : 10.0 : 1
output : 148/6000 (ps/rpm), 109/6000 (kw/rpm)
(I'm not sure this small type is available in US)

Since last year I started to enhance my car performance.I replaced the
bolt on parts, cylinder head and when came to modify the ECU,I found
noone in my country can help me. They said why I didn't go for
Honda or Toyota and they had plenty of upgraded ECU for them.
I really love my car and swore to the God I'll fight to develop the
ECU by my own.

I contacted an EFI performance chips supplier in Australia and sent my
stock EPROM programme by mail. After they reprogammed it, I uploaded it
into a new EPROM but it didn't work properly.
My car RPM was really unstable, could not stay at iddle RPM and even
could not go higher than 4000 RPM.
If I put my stock EPROM back, it works normally, so there are no
damage happened during socketing and installation.

I consulted this matter quite a lot with the Australian supplier,
and they were very sure that the programme could work properly since
I have informed them quite detail (type of ECU, type of EPROM and
all detail modifications)

But after several times discussion and trial, there are no significant
progress with this.

What do I miss ????
Now I try to dig more in ECU knowledge so I can locate the problem
precisely.

My short term goal is just to optimize all engine modification I
have and bypass the rev limiter (6700 RPM).
In the long term I would like to install a high lift cam, adjustable
sprocket and even turbocharger.

Does anyone can lead me to the right way ?
Please help ...
Thanks

Rusdi Harahap
BDN II/1 Jakarta 12430 Indonesia