DIY_EFI Digest V3 #152 - More Q's on data visualization?

Thor Johnson thormj at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 10 22:58:41 GMT 1998

> I guess that is what I was trying to ask.  Do 2d systems have
have only
> 2 inputs even though their graphs can look like a 3d?  Or is
this what a
> 3d system is?  If this is true, has there ever been systems
that allow
> three variables to calculate the fuel needed?  i.e. a variable
for each
> axis, x,y, and z.

The graph is probably (as you surmized) 2 inputs (x,y), z out.
The real problem with more inputs (IE... 4D table, a cube with
the color representing the output) would probably lie in the
amount of space required for the table. (10x10 = 100... 10x10x10=
100)

Here is where I get lost.... using a 4D/5D table, I would assume
that you could tune the engine perfectly (x=RPM, Y=MAP,
Z=Delta-Throttle, P=Engine Coolant,... etc).  But how would you
get the data to reduce to something a microcontroller could
handle?
(10x10x10x10x10 = too much for a 68hc11!)

How would you take data to put it into the 5 dimensional thingy
(ie. how would you make test runs to populate the grid)?

And the best question.... I control the Fuel, which controls
RPMs.... what do I do about interactions?