Projection

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Apr 11 03:55:45 GMT 1998

Mike Jones wrote:
> <snip>

> Exactly what I  meant -- I was emphasizing the EGR aspect, but that is
> indeed the crossover.  So what do you think?  Enough flow for timely O2
> info?

Well, I've been thinking about this one.  You would probably
have to install the sensor at an angle so the tip reached
into one of the heads.  I don't think the crossover is deep
enough to mount the sensor vertically.

Enough exhaust flow?  I would think so.  Since you are
programming the ecu, and since you basically run at a fixed
rpm, it seems like you could use the readings reliably.
Flow would depend on exhaust pressure differences between
banks.  You might find a way to measure the temp of the
crossover right by the head, before and during a run across
the lake.  Cold or cool would mean no exhaust flow.

Shannen