Output of distributer's magnetic pickup

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Apr 11 04:42:29 GMT 1998

I have a Motorcraft Duraspark ignition in my '89 Grand Wagoneer.  I am
trying to use a seven-pin GM ignition module so that I can control the
spark timing with the Holley Pro-Jection 4Di box.  I want to trigger the
GM module with the pickup coil output of the Motorcraft distributer.

The seven-pin module is the one that is used in the GM HEI (High Energy
Ignition) systems - both coil-in-cap and the external coil module.

This is rather obscure info, but maybe someone can help me.

1) What is the voltage output of the ignition pickup coil that is used
for the Motorcraft Duraspark?

2) What voltage is required to trigger the GM module?

Do you know of anyone who has used a Motorcraft distributer to trigger a
GM module?

Ray Drouillard