LT1 progress!

Ron Tyler dcmckenna at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 11 23:09:05 GMT 1998

Hello,

      I satisifed DTC 11 (MIL) with a bulb. This left only two other
codes, skip shift, and speedo. The FSM states that the speedo error code
will not illuminate the MIL. The skip shift apparently does not either.
Bottom line...I no longer have premature fan operation! The car also
seems to be idling a little lower (Ill know more after a day of
driving). I do have another question...The MIL draws .16 amps at 13.5V.
The bulb I am using draws .21 amps at 12.5V. I installed a 30 ohm
resistor to bring the amperage in line. This dimmed the bulb a bit. Does
anyone know if the .21 amps would do any damage to the PCM?

Thanx for all the help guys.
--
Ron & Stephanie Tyler
'72 LT1/T56 240Z