ALDL linking

Michael Giannini gini at vlad.cs.tut.fi
Tue Apr 14 10:02:46 GMT 1998

I connected a scope at the M pins of diacom ALDL connector and set it up for
-87 TPI (my GTA ;). In aldl mode, it sends data to pin M, but does not link
up. The ECM is the early P4 #165, which is supposed to be commanded to 8192bps
mode, but can anyone identify what diacom tries to send from screenshots of
the scope? In 160bps mode all works fine.

Scope pics from diacom pin M @

 http://lenkkari.cs.tut.fi/~gini/aldl.html

first pics are with 0.5ms per grid and the last ones with 1ms and 50ms per
grid.
Also note the cursors on the images showind time values. Can anyone figure out
the data values it tries to send to the ECM?

thanks,
Michael