GM 1227747 ECM drivers

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Wed Apr 15 18:48:27 GMT 1998

I'm missing a great deal of background
info, so here are a few real simple quick
questions.

I think a good portion of my problem is
mixed terminology used on the list. The LM1949
is a "injector driver" chip, but it's not
really what I consider the "driver". The
LM1949 just controls the transistor that
actually sinks the current, no?  So
what should I call the transistor? To me
it's the driver.  Enlighten me.

With that said, I'm wanting to know the function
of several parts in the '747. It has 4 discreet
transistors which I would assume are drivers
and one other multi-pin heat sunk part in the middle
of the board. Is that the infamous quad-driver?
Which of these 5 parts control outputs from the
ECM?

A pointer to the appropriate URL for beginners would
be most acceptable too. If there ain't one, there
can be soon.  :)

BTW--Count me in on the '747 project. Searching for
"101" in the archives did turn up plenty of much
useful info.

-greg