How does an increase in GPS relate to power output?

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Thu Apr 16 20:22:11 GMT 1998

lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov wrote:

>      airflow and multiply by his old HP...I get 298 RWHP. Does this work,
>      or are there other factors I need to take into account? The air
>      pressure now was higher, but the air temperature was lower than when
>      he made his dyno run.

I doubt it's a linear relationship, but it is accurate for improvements
in the same car. The GPS shows exactly how much air your engine is
using, which can give you the volumetric efficiency. It depends on what
your fuel mixture is, but if you keep things the same, and the GPS goes
up, you are making more power. Sorry I couldn't help any more..