Output of distributer's magnetic pickup

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Fri Apr 17 03:32:15 GMT 1998

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:52:26 -0600 Shannen Durphey <shannen at mcn.net>
writes:
>Raymond C Drouillard wrote:
>>
><snip>
>>
>> That was indeed the problem with my first try <donning conical hat>.
>> couldn't get the GM distributer that I pulled the module from to fire
it.

>> A couple days later, it dawned on me that I need to "plug it in".  I
ran
>> a wire from an ignition source to the "+" pin, hooked up the Holley,
and
>> tried it.  It fired the Jacobs ignition, and the Holley dutifully
>> injected fuel down the throttle body.
>>
>> Still, I can't get the Ford distributer to fire it.  Maybe I'm missing
>> something very basic (again)  <:-)
>
>ok...  Need to connect the metal portion of the back to
>ground for complete circuit.  Easy to overlook.... : )
>Shannen

I know the value of good grounding (I'm a ham radio operater).  I
actually mounted the module to the top cover of an old (inoperative) hard
drive.  I wire brushed the finish off and used aluminum screws to
securely bolt the module to the aluminum.  Then, I used sheet metal
screws to mount the whole assembly to the top of the right fender well.
Not being satisfied, I ran a ground wire from one of the mounting screws
(the same one that I used for the ground wire of the ECM connecter) to
the one common grounding screw that I have on my right fender well that
ties the battery and just about everything else together.

Ray Drouillard