Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Fri Apr 17 18:14:17 GMT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:09:23 +0100, Gus Cameron <gus at bracken.co.uk>
wrote:

>What a star you are.  I'd love to be able to offer electrical expertese but
>it's all I can do to read instructions and use a soldering iron properly.
>However, I may be able to offer free web space.  If this would be of use let
>me know.
>Lets pull this one off.

Yeah, sure. A 'star'. Now that's a hoot. Reminds me of the commercial
where the guy sees this meteorite coming in his telescope, realizes he
has only a few minutes before the earth is toast, decides his last meal
will be quick steak on the barby (it's a commercial for steak sauce).

So anyway, he's relishing his "last bite" as the meteor smacks the
ground right next to him, and it turns out to be about the size of a
charcoal briquette (his telescope may have exaggerated things, ya see).
Hee hee. He just smiles, shrugs, and goes on enjoying his steak.

Thas the kinda star I am, ya know, briquette size, so put yer accolades
away and save em for someone like Princess Di or whoever.

Garfield Willis (sadly not related to Bob Willis, a REAL star)

P.S. Hey, waitaminuto, you're a Brit! Say, I wonder if you could do me a
favor, and look about to see if Subaru in England sells/imports into yer
fine country a model of the Soobs called the Imprezza, that has a 2.0L
DOHC 4banger in it. There are supposedly two variants, a normally
aspirated type, jus refered to as the Imprezza 2.0 (I think), and a
turbo'd version that's popular in Euro for hot-rodding, called the
Imprezza WRX, both 2.0L DOHC.

Reason I'm asking if these are cars imported into your country, is that
engine ISN'T imported into the US domestically, and we've got a couple
guys in our aviation group that are tryna get manuals for the engine
part of the car (we CAN get the engines from Jap engine importers, ya
know the ones that have only bout 30K mi on them). We can't even order
the manuals from here, cuz they aren't listed in the US price list, but
if they knew an English speaking country where they could at least get
the Subaru part no. off the cover of the manual, we could order the
manuals via. the part no. directly from Subaru/Japan (our local dealer
thinks they could pull that off, if they only new the part no.). Soooo,
if you could possibly determine just if these cars ARE in merry ole
England, we could research the rest from there. Be a huge help. TIA.