Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

Gus Cameron gus at bracken.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 23:13:41 GMT 1998

At 11:14 17/04/98 -0700, Garfield wrote:

>Yeah, sure. A 'star'. Now that's a hoot.
snip
>Garfield Willis (sadly not related to Bob Willis, a REAL star)
>
>P.S. Hey, waitaminuto, you're a Brit! Say, I wonder if you could do me a
>favor, and look about to see if Subaru in England sells/imports into yer
>fine country a model of the Soobs called the Imprezza, that has a 2.0L
>DOHC 4banger in it. There are supposedly two variants, a normally
>aspirated type, jus refered to as the Imprezza 2.0 (I think), and a
>turbo'd version that's popular in Euro for hot-rodding, called the
>Imprezza WRX, both 2.0L DOHC.
>
>Reason I'm asking if these are cars imported into your country, is that
>engine ISN'T imported into the US domestically, and we've got a couple
>guys in our aviation group that are tryna get manuals for the engine
>part of the car (we CAN get the engines from Jap engine importers, ya
>know the ones that have only bout 30K mi on them). We can't even order
>the manuals from here, cuz they aren't listed in the US price list, but
>if they knew an English speaking country where they could at least get
>the Subaru part no. off the cover of the manual, we could order the
>manuals via. the part no. directly from Subaru/Japan (our local dealer
>thinks they could pull that off, if they only new the part no.). Soooo,
>if you could possibly determine just if these cars ARE in merry ole
>England, we could research the rest from there. Be a huge help. TIA.

I'm a Scot actually Jimmie, and a biker to boot, but I'll see what I can dig up.
The Imprezza is over here, Colin McRay (another Scot) won the World Rally
Championship in it I think (remember, I'm a bike boy) but WRX? I'll have to
ask.
I could even get the manual and send it out. Would a Hanes manual be good
enough or is it the full Monty or nothing?
Toodle-pip old chum,
gus ;-)