1227747 pinout

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Mon Apr 20 14:34:51 GMT 1998

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Bruce Plecan wrote:
> For those of you working on the bench 747 part of the Prog 101,

Gives "bench racing" new meaning!  My harness is from
a 1988 88 Olds ('783), so I know I've got differences related
to the DIS (and MAF?).  I've noted my diffs and additions
with "**"--mostly for my records.  May be worth a look though.

-greg

> A1     drk grn/wht     Fuel pump relay
> A2     Brn                 Air Port*
         **Grn/blk**

> A3     Grn/Yel          Canister Purge*
> A4     Gray               EGR*
> A5     brn/wht           SES Light
> A6     pnk/blk           Ign power
> A7     Tan/Blk          MT/Shift, or TCC*
> A8     orgn               Serial Data
> A9     Wht/Blk         Diagnostic Test
> A10   brn                 VSS
             [becomes Brn/white INSIDE THE CAR---ECM harness same]

> A11  blk/Pnk          MAP Grnd
  **A11   Blue**

> A12  Blk/Wht          ECM Grnd
>
> B1     orgn               Battery
> B2     Tan/Wht        fuel pump input
> B3     blk/red           Dist ref low
  **B4   Wht     Sumthin in DIS**

> B5     ppl/wht           Distr  ref pulse
  **B6   Yellow  ?**

> B7     blk                  EST  Retard
  **B7    yellow/blk   To sumthing DIS(?) on firewall**

> B8     Grn                A/C Signal*
> B10  org/blk            P/N Switch
>
> C3-6  blu/grn's        IAC
> C8    Drk Grn          4th gear switch*
  **C7  Drk Grn    to trans connector**
  **C8  Lght Blu   to trans connector**

> C9    ppl/wht           Crank
  **C9  yel   to inside the car**

> C10  yel                  Coolant temp
> C11  lt grn              Map
  **C11  biege**
  **C12  Blk/yel  (it was an SFI inj on the '783!---
                   ----lose this one)**

> C13  Drk Blu         TPS
> C14  gry                 5v ref (sensors)
  **C15  (another SFI inj---not used in '747)**

> C16  orng              battery
>
> D1+2 blk               grounds
  **D2 Grn   to ???  **

> D4    wht                Spark timing out
  **D4  empty -- I gotta find a new wire for that one!**

> D5    tan/blk          Ign mod bypass
  **D5    tan**

> D6    tan                Ox ref low
                           **Ie., grnd**

> D7    ppl                Ox sesnor high
  **D11  Blk/pnk    AC Relay and a sensor of some sort**