EEC4

Christopher G. Moog cgmoog at ibm.net
Tue Apr 21 23:21:52 GMT 1998

Jon wrote:

> Specifically, I want to use a 1986 5.0 Crown Victoria SFI on a
> 3.5 liter Buick aluminum V-8.  He told me it ought to work, taking about
> 20 minutes for the controller to figure out my engine.  Rover inlet
> manifold bolts up.  Distributor rotates the wrong way, so I made a new
> interupter.  Has anyone tried such a conversion?
> Jon Axt, Aloha Oregon

  Thats why I'm subscribed.  I've purchased a MAF system from a 1990 Mustang
for use on a Rover 3.5 (Federal manifold from a FI Rover 3500) I'm
building.  I selected MAF because I figured it would be more forgiving.  The
distributor seems to be the only tricky part.  Since Ford uses the hall
effect signal to time the sequential fuel injection (one tooth is smaller
than the others) I have to rig something up.  Will figure it out after
assembling the engine this summer.  Good luck and let me know how yours
works out.
Chris Moog, Rome, NY