Modified Fuel Injection

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Apr 23 06:51:06 GMT 1998

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998 02:11:32 -0400 (EDT), Alain Toussaint
<alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca> wrote:

>> My Lincoln Continental MAF goes from .1 volts to 5.3 volts depending on the
>> flow.  Measured that with a digital VOM while driving on the freeway last
>> fall.
>
>hummmmmm,5.3 volts,did you measure that in 4th gear (and if so,what's the
>top end of your car ??)

Heh heh. Methinks the regulator for the ECM's logic supply was in "4th
gear" too, or the grounds in the car are cheesy. I had a recent
dicussion with a buddy of mine who was messin with some auto logic, and
he was mentioning numbers like that, and worried some because it was
over 5V.

Main thing to remember is that most logic devices are spec'd for
supplies of 5V +- 0.5V, so ya gotta expect to see 'regulated' Vcc
voltages roamin around 5.0V by a tad, also. A sensor swinging up close
to Vcc rail, isn't so surprising to yield 5.3V. It's "within
parameters". BUT, see anything over 5.4-5.5V and it's time to start
asking questions.

Gar