Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

jb24 at chrysler.com jb24 at chrysler.com
Thu Apr 23 17:25:42 GMT 1998

Just for giggles, anyone tell me what the definition of lambda is?  I
read somewhere that lambda is the excess air factor, i.e. lambda of .98
is just a tad (2%?) rich.
---------------------- Forwarded by John R Bucknell/JTE/Chrysler on
04/23/98 12:12 PM ---------------------------

        owner-diy_efi @ efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
        04/23/98 08:14 AM
Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu @ SMTP
To: diy_efi @ efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu @ SMTP
cc:
Subject: Re: Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

At 10:02 21/04/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Just to change the subject a little bit....
>Can anyone tell me how lambda/AF ratio relates to the true % oxygen?
snip
>TIA,
>gus

Hmm, well, no-one really picked this one up and ran with it.  So.... I
took
a walk across to the library and Lo! Seek and you shall be rewarded etc.
etc.

If you check out
http://www.bracken.co.uk/misc/
you will see a figure relating % O2, CO, H2, NOx etc to Lambda.  It
helps
to explain why the outputs from lambda (O2) sensors are non-linear and
also
partially explains the differing curves that Garfield was reporting
either
side of equivalence.

Sorry if this was common knowledge already.
gus