Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Thu Apr 23 20:44:37 GMT 1998

> The 3.8L V6 engine was used in the mid-sized cars (well, what *I* call
> midsized), T-birds, Cougars, and FWD Continentals.  I thought the Taurus
> had a 3.0 supercharged engine in the SHO and a 3.3L for the naturally
> aspirated version.  Either way, I'm unclear if this engine made it into the
> Taurus platform.

there was a 2.5L 4 banger at it debut and an optional 3.0L 6 ('till 87 or
88 when the 2.5 was abandoned in profit of the 3.0 as standard engine) the
3.8 made it in (or about) 89,the SHO entered the game this time too and
no,the SHO isn't supercharged,it make power the RPM way (it's yamaha as
subcontractor for ford who make this engine) and talking about RPM,yamaha
and SHO,yamaha simply put a sport bike engine of 3.0 in size in the car
(the car is CAPABLE of 5 digit RPM with a set of new valvespring and a
supercharger (vortech/paxton,take your pick),it has nothing to envy to a
porsche 911 twin-turbo) in 3.0 liter form,upgraded valvespring,extrude
honed head and a quartet of cam's,this particular car made 370 hp at the
front wheel at 7500 RPM,and the car reved to 10 000 RPM on the dyno (the
thing limithing power production was a restrictive intake,put on short
velocity stack on this and i'm sure you can make power where NASCAR car
run out of steam).

Alain

p.s.in the new taurus,2 motor are 3.0 (one OVH and one DOHC) and the
taurus SHO have a 3.4 liter V8.