Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Apr 23 23:45:02 GMT 1998

>Sorry, Frederic, I meant the older generation taurus/sable.  They came
with 3.0
>as standard, 3.8 optional.  Believe it or not, the first couple of years they
>had an optional 2.3l four available; talk about slooww...

Aaaaah.  Okay, iI'm not confused anymore :) Yes, I remember the 4-banger...
my parents bought a Sable wagon with that engine.  Definately slow.  my
girlfriend has the 2.3 in her tempo, and its slow.  Though the car shifts
late going up and quick going down, so what it lacks in power, is somewhat
balanced by smart shifting.

>BTW, you seem to have good luck with your combo, better than mine in fact.
>Maybe those motors have a knock sensor on them...  Mine, sadly, didn't.

Could have a sensor, though I haven't found a Haynes or Chiltons for this
car specifically.  Eventually I will.  Not sure where the knock sensor
would be.

Just for giggles, I unplugged the MAF before I drove home from the train
station, and it didn't do anything negative or positive.  So, maybe the ECM
is ignoring it entirely at this point?

Thanks,

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-