Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Fri Apr 24 07:55:45 GMT 1998

> > >boost, except possibly for turbos and supercharged t-birds.  If your 3.8
> > >is the same as the one used in Tauruses (Tauri?) then _definitely_ not.
> >
> > The 3.8L V6 engine was used in the mid-sized cars (well, what *I* call
> > midsized), T-birds, Cougars, and FWD Continentals.  I thought the Taurus
> > had a 3.0 supercharged engine in the SHO and a 3.3L for the naturally
> > aspirated version.  Either way, I'm unclear if this engine made it into the
> > Taurus platform.

sho had 3.0 l in standard
3.2 l in auto car in later years
last eyar 3.4l v8

all Yamaha bullet proof high RPM
3.0 was tested at 12000 rpm for 6 hours at Ford dyno room
(video is available for this one)
dissassembled and showed no wear
this thing could be tuned to make 500 HP easy at that RPM range
would make a great sleeper transplant for a small car
(ok, everybody sing 1, 2, 3 Fesss-Teeee-Vaaaa)

the 3.8 is a 302 with 2 cyl chopped off
first appeared around 82 rear drive
decent power but got about the same milage as a 302

2.3l was a carry over from Pinto days
reliable but slow

> Just finished head gaskets in 88 Taurus w/3.8l.  Not fun.
> Very very not fun.

would rather poke out my eyes with a stick
Clive