Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Sat Apr 25 14:12:19 GMT 1998

Steven Gorkowski wrote:

> This is very uncommon on Ford (or any other manufacture ) to have two
> gasket failures in a short time frame. The rules a Ford dealer ship
> mechanic uses before replacing gasket  is (1) always replace head bolts
> on aluminum heads (2) have the heads checked out by a good machine shop.

<snip>
I agree.

This car was purchased used and had problems from the
beginning. I think someone R+R'ed the head gaskets and
immediately traded it off.  The heads showed no signs of
resurfacing when I removed them.

As to finding a good machine shop, there's a couple in the
next town, 50 mi from here. They're ok for basic machine
work.  I don't really know how to describe the local place.
When the garages herre send something out, it usually goes
to him because he's in town.  When I send something of my
own out, it goes out of town.

Head bolts came with the gasket kit.  Nice surprise.

Shannen