GM 2.8 V6 vs 2.0 4 banger,witch one is more reliable ??

Will Honea whonea at codenet.net
Sat Apr 25 21:11:47 GMT 1998

OK, I've got an '86 Cimmeron with the 2.8 v-6.  Mechanically, it has been great - 140k miles, still has
good compression, nice even idle, reasonably nimble considering.  Tranny was gone thru (replaced the
lock-up switch - PITA!) and everything looked just fine - shop manager's comment was that it was
probably good for another 100k or so (grain of salt there).  Injectors are clean, fuel system checks good and
NO LEAKS!  I've got one huge problem with it that I hope someone can help with:

It EATS ignition modules.  I've used everything from the dealer's Delco to NAPA to AutoZone/Checker
(never will use another Wells part!).  Computer dump shows no faults.  Anybody got a clue as to what might
cause this?  Replaced coil, position sensor, pickup coil, wires, just about everything.  I'm real happy with
the engine, but this is about to drive me nuts!

Will Honea
whonea at codenet.net