GM 2.8 V6 vs 2.0 4 banger,witch one is more reliable ??

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 25 22:39:08 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Alain Toussaint <alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca>
To: Will Honea <whonea at codenet.net>
Cc: DIY list <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Saturday, April 25, 1998 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: GM 2.8 V6 vs 2.0 4 banger,witch one is more reliable ??
>> It EATS ignition modules.  I've used everything from the dealer's Delco
to NAPA to AutoZone/Checker
>> (never will use another Wells part!).  Computer dump shows no faults.
Anybody got a clue as to what might
>> cause this?  Replaced coil, position sensor, pickup coil, wires, just
about everything.  I'm real happy with
>> the engine, but this is about to drive me nuts!
>
>good chance that the thing is picking up a lot of heat and there's not
>much airflow there,you should problably find a better place to put it (if
>it's possible).
>
>Alain
>

>> Will Honea
>> whonea at codenet.net

Look at the bottom of the distributor rotor.  If you see a little speck
about the size of a fly turd, the rotor may have a burn thru spot,
which sends the coil output down the distributor shaft, and
zaps the module as it goes by.
  Also try looking for a rainbow type apprearance on the coil, means
it's been overheated, and may have a thermal short..
Cheers
Bruce     If this is DIS forget the above..