Power supply

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Mon Apr 27 20:55:39 GMT 1998

Here we go again...

First off, bad idea, read the archives, some will dissagree. A really easy
way,
however, is to get a $100 power inverter that most electronic houses have.
That
will do the job if you are using a regular chassis type of supply. If you are
going to strip out the motherboard, you will need to come up with +5, +-12 for
the serial ports. Not too dificult, but some hard drives, etc need 12v clean,
and that is difficult to get with a simple car regulator. Again, for the
amount
of time, and money you will spend, just go out and get one of the $99 dollar
68hc11/805x boards and the free compilers and go to town. I also have seen
some
v30/40 8086 boards that are in the low 100 dollar range that use all the pc
programming tools and run off of 5v only. Check the electronic mags and the
web
for them, a ton of them out their.

Sandy