computer in car (for FI)

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Tue Apr 28 07:02:30 GMT 1998

i found a great web site where it list a computer who operate on 5 volts
only,here's an excerpt:

 Quite soon, I found the Advantech PCM-5862 'biscuit PC'. This board
   puts an entire Pentium PC (including: 2 72-pin SIMM sockets, Socket7
   (to 200Mhz), 10-base-T Ethernet, 16-bit audio, 2xUSB, EIDE, Floppy,
   4xSerial, Parallel, PCI slot, PC/104 slot, SVGA with monitor and LCD
   drive) into the footprint of a 5.25" disk drive - and best of all,
   runs from a single +5v supply. I found an importer, found out the
   price (urk, not cheap - I paid 293+VAT from UCS in the UK), screamed a
   bit, then bought it anyway: it's still cheaper than an autochanger...

here's the address of the page where i found the thing:

http://www.cryton.demon.co.uk/mp3mobile/

the page talk about an MP3 sound system running onto linux.

have good reading.
Alain