Urgent, Need help with a DFI harness

Ed EdDSP at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 30 06:34:32 GMT 1998

Here's the situation. I'm wiring an Accel DFI system onto a 4-cylinder
turbo engine. Now the store (JG Engine Dynamics) told my friend that
this is a plug-and-play system...so far it's been more like plug and
pray. It's just a hacked-up LT1 harness with some poor solder work,
nicked insulation (hidden with tape) and no sort of additional info
included by them except for the Accel papers. Of course, since we need
the car running on Friday, everytime we call JG, nobody answers or the
line is busy >:-( Murphy's law sucks.

Now the problems:
1) We're supposed to wire the inductive pickup interface to the stock
electronic distributor, using a 4pin-to-3pin adapter. Problem is there
is no 4pin adapter on the main harness (as shown on the included info).
Apparently JG must have chopped this connector off. So what I'd like to
know is what colors were these wires going to the connector? The wires
on the 3-pin side are purple, orange, and black.
2) There's supposed to be a 3-pin (color black) plug  for the TPS.
Again, there's no plug..another fine modification by JG. What color
wires go to the TPS, and what is each wire's purpose?
3) This DFI computer is supposed to have a base program designed for
this engine. The engine has variable valve timing triggered by RPM, but
theres nothing shown on the paperwork that mentions if this computer has
the RPM trigger (usually used for nitrous). Any way I can tell through
physical description of the wiring? We don't have the calmap software
(dyno place does), but I'd like to know before we finalize the wiring.

Thanks in Advance,
Ed